Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hmm - the internet - who knew this would even still be here

So I have this blog I haven't done anything on in 4 years. It is amazing that no mater what you put on the internet - it stays there. I was almost hoping that Google would get tired of me and the blog would just sort of disappear.

So anyway, I have finished the first draft of the 2nd book in my trilogy dubbed 'The Bruinduer Narrative" It is called "Kali's Regress" and is a lot darker than the last.

It deals with loss and life not being quite what we planned, and trying to save yourself. Problem is, you can't save yourself. Really only our faith can do that.

Turning 44 gets you right at the next year 45 - which starts the back nine of life. I've always thought that it is not how you start, but how you finish. There are certain universal truths that stand out as you get older - one is - you will die, and the second is - what have I done with my life?

I'll try to blog on Kali's Regress and how we finish its production. There still is a 3rd book, so that will be interesting to write.

You can get The Mahogany Door for free at Smashwords. If you join my facebook page and send me a message with you address, I'll send you a hard copy.

Tell your friends - It's a Christian Fantasy book - but different than ones you may have read - They are long - and very personal. They are the type of book that you need to huddle in and read - It is not the quick books of today, but more of a throwback to the classics when TV wasn't around and attention spans were more than a few sound bites.  OK - I should be humble and I am - I am just grateful that you took the time to read this.

Mark

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers