Thursday, February 9, 2012

Curious

I am curious to note on why writing is not an individual endevour anymore?

The only reason I ask this question is that if it s such an individual excercise, why do so many people give out tips?

To me one gives tips to writers to write how THEY want to read a story - and what in a story makes THEM like it.

I have come to the conclusion, that while writing tips and lectures, and blah blah blah may be a good foundation - as a writer - I find them useless.

Oh - but if I don't take someone's tips and write how they want, I won't be published... That seems to contradict everything these same people say about wanting something different and edgy. It kind of makes you wonder if you are in a lose-lose situation. I tend to agree that you are.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers